I don't exactly know where to post this so sorry mods if its in the wrong place. Also I don't know how to do pictures. And I don't know if a tutorial has already been posted for this.Title:
[TUTORIAL] Killing Creatures that Unlocks a DoorDescription:
Ever wondered how to make it so that when you kill a certian Creature or a certian amount of creatures it would unlock a door?Tutorial:
1. Ok, first off we need too make 2 rooms any size.
2. When you have made two room add a door leading to them.
3. Select the door and right click go down and add a Func_Door to the door.
4. Now Go to 'Entity Editor' ( N ). Set up the door anyway you want it. when your done enter this is the Key and Val.
5. Good, now set up a creature, any creature. Go to 'Entity Editor' ( N ). In the Key and Val enter this.
6. Now press Escape ( Esc ) to deselect all.
7. Select the Creature, then select the door.
8. Use 'Connect Entity's' ( Ctrl + k )
9. Add a weapon and a player start. Test the map kill the creature and the door will unlock.
If you want to do it with more than one Creature(s)
1. Set up the door the same way.
2. Set up all the Creature's the same way.
3. Then just select all the creatures first
, then select the door
4. Then 'Connect Entity's' ( Ctrl + k )
I didn't know about the connect entities thing, I'd simply paste the door's name to the monster's target field. Thanks for the tutorial.
No problem, it works when you connect the entities, I had a friend test it too. But that might work too.
sweet! i've been looking for something like this, as i'm going to use it in the level i'm working on!
1)Create a trigger_once and connect it with door. It should be far enough from the door or the door should close fast enough, so the player won't be able to go back and get stuck there.
2)Connect the monster with the door.